Tuesday, September 23, 2008

sail away


This last Saturday we went sailing with our friends Roe and Jim. Jim has been sailing for many years and we decided to go down to San Diego. Roe packed a wonderful picnic lunch and we were off! Since I get seasick, I decided to plan ahead and take some dramamine before we left. When reading the package directions, it said to take 1-2 pills, so Bob and I decided it would be best to take 2 just in case. Bad idea. I got so sleepy that I could hardly keep my eyes open. And these were the non-drowsy version of the pill. I had to take a nap on the boat and felt like I couldn't concentrate the whole time. It really made for a silly day. When we arrived on shore again, Roe and I decided we needed some caffeine, so we went to the nearby coffee shop and apparently coffee isn't a commodity around there because we ended up paying over $5 for 2 cups. Of plain coffee. Anyway, the day ended up being really fun, but a word to the wise-- don't overdo it on the dramamine-- it is worse than being seasick!

No comments: