Tuesday, October 21, 2008

bob's birthday




I love birthdays. I think it is because I always felt so special on mine growing up. I usually extend my birthday for a week and am sad when it's over. To Bob, a birthday is just another day that you happened to be born. You can probably visualize the hardship this created when we first got married. I tried to spoil him on his birthday, he didn't really care, my feelings got hurt. My birthday is a holiday (Veterans Day) so I always got it off of school/work, but Bob still feels like he should work that day, my feelings get hurt. See the pattern. I think he is starting to learn how meaningful this is to me and he has done some great things to celebrate me in the past.


Anyway, this year for his birthday, I cooked him a feast of his favorite food (Thanksgiving items), we got to go to Disneyland (thanks Barbi Relock) and our parents came over for dessert-- Chocolate Motherload cake from Claim Jumper. My mom even brought a singing candle that my brother brought home from China. This crazy candle wouldn't even stop singing when it was put under water. We enjoyed ourselves and now Bob is anticipating the surprise trip I am taking him on this weekend.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

I can't wait to hear how Vegas went! And....we need to hang out!