Friday, September 17, 2010

Cooking Assistant

My friend Jessi told me about this awesome opportunity that I am going to really work to take advantage of. Cook's Warehouse in Atlanta is sort of a cooking supply store but they also offer all sorts of cooking classes with different themes and genres. I was especially excited to see a pumpkin one where every dish included that wonderful fall vegetable!

Anyway, after signing up herself to be a cooking assistant, Jessi has now convinced me. What I will be doing after taking an orientation and knife skills class, is getting to sign up to come a bit early and help prepare for the classes by chopping vegetables, etc. Then as the chef is teaching the class we can help out in any way necessary (which I think usually means washing dishes...), but we get to listen in on the class and take home recipes and leftovers!! The cheap side of me loves this because while I am not actually paying to take the class, I will be reaping some benefits of it. And I guess that after assisting in a certain number of classes, Cook's Warehouse allows you to take a class of your choice.

Bob is encouraging of this endeavor because he will also enjoy the fruits of my learning :)

No comments: