Friday, October 11, 2013

I will survive

The first year of motherhood almost killed me (and the second year is working on it still) but alas, I am stretching into my new skin. My current life is to funny NOT to write down so I have started to want to again. Sometimes it's funny in the Ha Ha sense, but mostly funny in the way that if I don't write about it I will surely go insane. Somehow putting things in writing and taking an outside look makes it more laughable. Here was the silliness of today...at the park... Little girl to me: What are you doing? Me: Just sitting here, what are you doing? Girl: Wearing a hat. Do you like it here? Me: Yes, very much. What is your favorite thing to play on? Girl: The twirly thing Me: The tire swing? Oh, you are brave, I don't like those things. Girl: It is because I am only 4. Me: Nice I would say it is a successful day when one is "just sitting here" or "wearing a hat". Wouldn't you? However, if you asked Caiden what he was doing, he would say that he is recovering from a huge bruise and scrape on his forehead because he took a nosedive over the push bike mom bought for him today at a garage sale. First ride and I couldn't even protect him. Nice. Does that score as an unsuccessful day for Caiden or for me?

1 comment:

Shelly said...

It counts as a very successful day for you and Caiden. You were together enjoying God's creation all around you. You made it a special day for one little girl. You learned you won't always be able to protect Caiden from bumps and bruises. And Caiden learned how to get up and go again after a fall. I am sure there will be many more falls with scrapes and scratches and bruises! Love you, Graunty Shelly