Sunday, November 29, 2009

My birthday

My amazing husband cooked me dinner for my birthday. It was so nice having a wonderful meal in our own home. He treated me like a queen and wouldn't let me touch a thing. He brought me a chai tea to sip on while he finished the dinner, which consisted of cheese and bread appetizer, champagne, and salmon with vegetables. It was so good and so thoughtful!
Here is the appetizer.


We then went to a European style restaurant called Cafe Intermezzo that is known for their desserts. Each day they make different cakes and things, so they don't even have a dessert menu. But they have someone who stands by the counter and tells you what each thing is. We ordered heavenly lemon cake (named that by them, not me) and I got a butterscotch latte, and Bob a butterscotch hot chocolate. It was the perfect ending to a good day. It was even drizzling outside which made it more fun.
A few days later we went out to dinner at Noche, a tapas place, with our friends Whitney and James. It was my kind of dining-- a little bite of everything. They had great food and great Sangria. Then the boys agreed to watch the movie The Proposal, which I suprisingly enjoyed. I am not usually a laugher during movies, but that one got me going. Good as far as a romantic comedy goes. I really appreciated our time together.


No comments: