Sunday, February 27, 2011

Great Expectations

We were blessed with yet another day of beautiful spring weather which means why stay inside when there are so many great things to do outdoors?

I got to go on a walk with a couple of friends today and we got on the subject of expectations. How you don't realize how strongly you have them until they are not met. I think unmet expectations are just another reminder to me that I am not in control on this journey in which I am having to constantly surrender.

The truth is I no longer know what to expect, which in many ways brings tremendous joy and blessings beyond what I could've thought; but along with that, I suffer in ways so raw that I am surprised I survive. There are so many twists and turns in life that I am often left feeling utterly confused--laughing one minute and crying the next.

I am working on allowing for the spontanaity (sp?) to embrace surprises along the way--be they green lights or road blocks. After all, I have discovered many great things on detours :)

No comments: