Monday, August 6, 2012

Much needed vacation

 Our friends invited us last weekend up to a cabin in the North Georgia mountains. It was the retreat and vacation we had been longing for and we were so thankful.
 I should've taken pictures of the inside because it was absolutely gorgeous--3 stories with plenty of room to relax, hang out, and have fun.
 We took walks, ate good food, watched the Olympics and had a wonderful time enjoying each other's company and the beauty around us.

 Bob and his son.
 My sweet Bob took Caiden one morning so I could sleep in and when I woke up I found them hanging outside on the hammock.
 We took Caiden on his first hike of many more to come. He was a trooper. He slept the whole time so he didn't quite get to enjoy it as much as we did. There were two beautiful waterfalls on the hike--my favorite.
 Here we are with the Bellos and their wonderful family. It is fun to have other people with kids because we are just getting the hang of it (not really) and it is neat to watch others parent and play with their kids. They are wonderful parents to their little ones and I am excited because Jess will watch Caiden for a couple of hours on Wednesdays when Bob and I are at work. They also speak Spanish so we got to practice our skills. Jess said she would speak in Spanish to Caiden when he is over there. A bilingual child. Maybe his first word will be madre instead of mama :)
 The second waterfall.
View from the porch outside our room. It is amazing what God's nature can do for your soul.

No comments: