Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Arkansas

My aunt and uncle live in Arkansas, where my uncle goes to school at John Brown University. We had the privilege of staying with them for an evening and enjoying their town.

My aunt took us to this cute little cafe downtown where I got some baked oatmeal (yum!) and Bob got a breakfast sandwhich. And any new place I go to like this I have to try their chai tea-- you can tell a lot about a place by thier chai. It was very sweet here, I could only drink half. And if you know me, I am usually a saver and will reheat a drink for several days until it is gone. However, this drink was so sweet that I through it away after the first half!
The road below is part of a walk we went on near my aunt and uncle's house.
We stopped at a McDonald's in Arkansas, and I had to take a picture of this. Two kinds of tea, sweet and unsweetened. Welcome to the south!
This McDonald's was so nice that even though we just got a drink, I may have actually eaten there. It's amazing how the ambiance can do that to you. The scary part for me though is that it looked a lot like a Chipotle, which I love. Which reminded me that McDonald's owns Chipotle, which I don't love. I guess I prefer that they keep their atmosphere's separate so I don't have to think about it.
It was in this McDonald's that Bob and I first truly realized we were in Arkansas. Another customer said something to both of us, to which we replied, "What?". He repeated what he said, and Bob laughed. As we walked out of the store, Bob leaned to me and said, "Did you have any idea what he just said?" Which, of course, I didn't. And it made me feel better that Bob didn't either. Still English, but another language entirely.




No comments: