Sunday, August 2, 2009

Headed East

Here are more mini-adventures on our trip:

Surprising to even myself, Bob and I opted to drive as far as we could before we would find a motel. This led us into some crazy parts of town, some deserted parts, and some places that we were reluctant but willing to stay. The first night we stayed at America's Best Inn. Liars! I don't know how they are legally allowed to keep that title. However, I must say that I am proud of myself because even Bob was more sketched out than me. Every time we woke up in the middle of the night though we looked out the window to make sure our stuff was still there. What we would have done if it wasn't, I don't know.







For most lunches, we ate what we had packed in a cooler. For a grocery stop we went to the nearest Trader Joes in Oklahoma-- and I think we went about 15 miles out of the way! But it felt like home as soon as we stepped in there and loaded up on familiar groceries.




These are some beautiful windmills in Oklahoma.




We had a little grasshopper friend hitch a ride for a long time. Bob swore he was still alive, but I knew otherwise. I think he companioned us for about three states though. Bob was very disappointed to find out that he was DOA.


No comments: