Thursday, August 19, 2010

Teaching again!

I just wanted to share my excitement about being able to go back into the classroom for one day a week this year. Along with my UTQ research job, I will also be working for a homeschool program where students come once a week to discuss and receive assignments. I will be teaching a 5th/6th grade combo class so it is right up my alley. The people I have met whom I will be working with are wonderful and I get to meet my kiddos and their parents tonight. I am particularly excited about this job because of the no-frills aspect (since it is one day a week I don't have to decorate bulletin boards, etc.) and that it won't be the overwhelming job that 5 day a week teaching was for me. Plus the parents will be just as, if not more so, involved in their child's education than I am because they teach them the other 4 days a week. I have 7 kids in my class and am looking forward to the smaller size. School starts next Wednesday and I am really looking forward to what this will offer. I have really missed the kids since I have been out of the classroom.

1 comment:

Whitney & James said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. How did you get the job? That is awesome and I bet you will love it!