Friday, August 13, 2010

The Unknown

My friend Gina posted this prayer by Richard Foster on her blog the other day, and I found it very fitting for what I/we are experiencing right now. I post it both to share and as a place that I can come back and read it:

Loving God, I choose this day to be a servant. I yield my right to command and demand. I give up my need to manage and control. I relinquish all schemes of manipulation...
In Jesus' name,
Amen
After one more year, Bob will graduate and we don't know where we will be, in this city, this state. No idea. I guess this is where trust in God really plays out. I have been seeing my strong sense to control my surroundings and it seems the more that gets taken from me, the more I desire to control. I am thankful that I have a neat group of women and a wonderful husband to work through these things with me. I know that so much of life is not predictable or what you hoped for or expected, but somehow I am always surprised at my disappointment.

1 comment:

Meghan Williams said...

Hi Jamie,
Thanks for sharing this. It is good to read where you are at. Praying for you guys,
Meg