Monday, November 22, 2010

Fall fun

Fall fosters all sorts of family-friendly and cozy activities. We visited the apple farm a couple of times this year which has now become one of our favorite fall traditions. Even though we buy tons of apples, I have to be selective with what I make because there are so many apple choices. The apples bought at farms have such a better taste and crunch than store bought apples. My favorite apple choice this year was decorating them with caramel and candies. The pictures below are from when my friend Jessi and I decorated them. We had so much fun that I had friends over for my birthday to repeat the extravaganza.
BeforeAfter--yum! We brought these to a tennis match and people were so impressed (they must appear to be harder to make than they really are). A fall must!

For Bob's birthday he wanted to go to a corn maze. It became the joke of the month because whenever we would try to go something would happen. One week no one could come with us, then when we rescheduled and had a car load of people, we showed up half an hour after it closed. At least we still got to enjoy the Jumpee Pillow :) You can see that I have just gotten off of it above. I accidentally made a child cry since I bounced her off, which I didn't realize until my friend so kindly pointed it out to me. Who knew bouncing was so dangerous. After being late for the corn maze party, we rescheduled for the week after but Bob got sick. Guess it will have to be something we look forward to next year.

Yeah pumpkins! We went to the hugest patch I have ever been to and I was in love. Will definitely be taking kiddos here when we have them. These are someone else's pumpkins that they had so artfully placed in their wheelbarrow that I had to have Bob take a picture. Sort of awkward when they walked up and we tried to explain to them that their pumpkin display was so beautiful that I just had to capture it on camera, but worth the slight embarrassment.
Fall means comfort food. I cooked a small feast for a couple of friends, complete with banana pudding--a southern must. My friends agreed that I now could be considered a Southern woman (and they were both born and raised in the south, so that is quite a feat!)




No comments: