Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Good finds

I love garage sales. Some of my most favorite things I have found at garage sales and thrift stores. They especially seem to carry goods of the candle holder and appliance variety. I am currently into making iced coffee using a French press that I got for $3. I also have an espresso maker that I got for $5. I rarely use it but can't bring myself to get rid of it. As I sip my coffee I am reminded of the simple things and that something doesn't have to cost a lot to be absolutely wonderful!


It rains here a lot. I like the rain when I am inside, but it usually chooses to rain when I have to get to my car and carry lots of stuff. The only thing that makes me happy when I have to do that is the fact that I can wear my rain boots. My polka dot rain boots, mind you. I bought them in CA for $3 at a garage sale and wore them once. They have outpaid themselves here in GA. And even though the rest of me may look sloppy and wet (since I don't like to carry an umbrella), I still get many compliments for my rainboots. The funny part is that I usually get them from guys--both younger and older. So ladies, note to self that you can wear just about anything and then slap on some rain boots and still get compliments. Yes! That is my kind of style.

No comments: