Monday, April 4, 2011

Lesson Learned: Men's Skincare Products not intended for women (duh!?)

I officially work solely from home now, which has its definite benefits and drawbacks. Allow me to share part of my day in the life of working at home. Bob received some samples of manly skin products from a guy he knows, which have been sitting on the bathroom counter for weeks. For some reason he has not wanted to try these, maybe because they had titles such as "Beard Lube" and "Exfoliating Scrub". While seeing as a girl always needs a good exfoliation, I decided to finally use the neglected products. After marinating (as one friend affectionately calls it) in my pajamas until noon, I decided to take a shower and get dressed. This was a step in the right direction, since it often takes me until the hour before Bob comes home to decide to put on clothes. Really, what is the point when you are not seeing anyone? Some people say they just feel better about themselves when they do so, but I don't think it gets much better than being in pjs... Anyway, bad choice in using man exfoliator because, as you probably already guessed, it smells like a man. Which now so do I. In all honesty, I did recognize this the minute that I put in on my hands and still chose to rub it all over my face. Again, working from home is not inspiring for these minor details. And now I just get to pretend that Bob is here with me instead of recognizing the reality that I am the one who smells like cologne. In an effort to have a reason get dressed, I try to plan something little every day even if it is just going to the bank. We will see how many looks I get today when I walk by smelling like a man. Does it matter if you get dressed and look cute when it appears you are wearing men's cologne? I might have well just stayed in my pajamas.

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Well, with "those shoulders" you can probably pull off the manly scent. Hahaha - I sure hope you remember that strange man's comments during the Dino Dash, otherwise, I sound like a horrible friend!

Jamie said...

Totally remember. Yes, my shoulders will carry me through. And,no, not a horrible friend--one that remembers the important things!

Carrie Squires said...

Jamie, this is too funny!! I wish I could be there to see, er, smell you all dressed up like a girl. :)