Saturday, March 19, 2011

I won! I won!

I recently have been checking a blog called the local cook, in which she highlights learning how to buy and use food from your area. She is not in the Atlanta area but has some good inspirations for different recipes and things. You can find more about the local cook at http://thelocalcook.com/

Recently, she had a post that you could comment in order to apply to win a book called, Eat Where You Live: How to Find and Enjoy Local and Sustainable Food No Matter Where You Live by Lou Bendrick. I just got an email this afternoon saying that I am the one that won it! The excitement that I responded with made Bob think that I won money or something and he couldn't quite understand why I was so excited about a book. It is not just about what a great book it will be, but also the feeling of being chosen (whether randomly or not). I am still giddy about the "win"; I guess it is the competitive side in me even though I didn't do anything to deserve the W in this case.

After I read it, I will have to let you know how it is. Can't wait to get it in the mail!

1 comment:

--- said...

We hope you like the book! We'll be shipping it out tomorrow afternoon.

Be sure to tell us what you thought on our Skipstone Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/SkipstoneBooks

Again, congrats on the win!

Ashley, Mountaineers/Skipstone Books