Sunday, March 6, 2011

Goodbye Maggie

My childhood dog had to be put to sleep this week. Even though I haven't lived with her for years and she was always really more of my mom's dog than a family dog, it makes me sad. Just another reminder that childhood is gone, long gone really. And a reminder that life is fleeting, that the things/people you love are not always around. It is so hard to mourn in life--I don't think you can ever really get good at it.

She was a fun dog for us. She loved to run and play soccer and when she was a puppy she would get up on the dishwasher to lick the dishes. She liked to lay by the fire and on top of the couch. She was a very particular pup and would often say no to treats or take them and "bury" them somewhere around the house.

It is hard to say goodbye to something you cared for even if it is not often present in your life.

Pray for my momma, she is sad...

No comments: