Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Good things--March 8

Yesterday was Fat Tuesday (the day before Lent starts). Bob decided to give up red meat for Lent, so we gave it a last whirl at our guilty pleasure, Steak and Shake. There have been a few times where I have truly enjoyed Steak and Shake rather than feel utterly ashamed for eating there: 1. When Bob and I first moved here and tried to go a million other places that were too busy or full or weren't quite what we were looking for. Our date ended up being at Steak and Shake for a 9:00 dinner and cards. Awesome--truly loved it after the rest of the night fell apart. 2. After running my half marathon--nothing beats, a burger, fries, coke, and a shake after running. I am sure that I over exceeded the calories I burnt but at that point I didn't care. 3. On Fat Tuesday, of course. I haven't eaten a burger in months and it was delicious. I had to tell myself the whole time to enjoy it and not feel guilty. As you can see from my post yesterday, I am reading more about local and sustainable foods. Steak and Shake is not on the menu for that. Call me a hypocrite, because I am. Bob and I had a great time, though!

No comments: