Thursday, April 9, 2009

Comfort Food

So I got some (well a lot) of dental work done this past week-- don't ask, it's a very sensitive subject. And when I am feeling I need comfort I somehow always go to childhood foods that I never eat otherwise. Cream of Wheat. Okay, so this is Fresh & Easy's version but it is just what I was near. Does anyone else have fond memories of Cream of Wheat?

And what can beat chocolate pudding-- it is like food from the gods. However, similar to hot dogs, it is one of those foods that you absolutely cannot look at the ingredient label or you will not want to eat it. And that would ruin the fun and comfort. So instead I just ripped of the label (after taking this picture which actually shows all the scary ingredients if you look hard enough) and spoon-fed myself into oblivion. Manufactured foods--scary, but oh so comforting.

1 comment:

April said...

I loooooove pudding too! And I don't think for a moment about what is actually in it - I am thoroughly impressed that you do! :)

Cream of wheat wasn't a fave when I was little - only if I mixed enough sugar in I think.... But oatmeal...yum.