Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Big City

I am currently in Manhattan, New York City for a period of 3 1/2 weeks for my job. I get the awesome privilege of going into different Charter schools in NYC to observe classrooms and interview teachers and students. Not only that, but I am staying in this plush apartment where some celebreties from Apprentice and Top Model stay. Too bad I know nothing about those shows, only enough to brag about the place I am staying at. I am on the 28th floor, and while it is scary to look all the way down, looking out is amazing. Especially at night. I can see the Empire State Building from my apartment and the Manhattan skyline.

It is amazing how much can be crammed into one small area. I can't get over how many people are here and buildings and restaurants, etc. It has really just hit me (okay, going deep here) that all the people I walk by have a soul and a life and personality. And there are so many of us. It makes me think and wonder and be amazed at how God knows us all. And NY is just a subset of the rest of the world.

I am excited to work here and explore and rest and contemplate. Luckily my beloved husband will be able to visit for a weekend so we can do some things together. I will try to post pictures when I can, but will share my experiences more often.

No comments: