Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Jamie's coffee shop

we were graciously given a tour guide map of NYC by two of the women leading our study. It is a little black book so it is very inconspicuous when you have to pull it out to find where you are going rather than looking like a tourist with an enormous map.

One of the first things I noticed was that there was a coffee shop called Jamie's--correct spelling and all--so naturally, I was excited. I had the day off yesterday so I decided to visit it for breakfast. When I first saw the inside through the window, it looked like a diner, not too appealing, but I figured since it was given my name I had to at least try it. Then I looked up at the sign. And it was not called Jamie's, it was called Jimmy's. A typo in the map book. I didn't know if I was more disappointed that the shop did not share my name or more relieved that I didn't have to eat there.

No comments: