Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Cloth wipes


When she heard that we wanted to attempt cloth diapering, my friend Beth gave me a bunch of diapers and cloth wipes. I have bought my own covers and at first thought using cloth wipes would be ridiculous. However, seeing how many wipes get used up so fast, as well as the cost of them, and the fact that I am doing laundry almost every day anyway, I decided to give them a try. I found a wipe solution to make online, mixed it up in a tupperware, and put in the wipes. I have loved them. They are more solid and work better than the flimsy disposable ones and don't make any more laundry for me since I am doing it anyway. If anyone is interested, the solution is simple made from things you have at home anyway:

1 cup warm water
2 Tbsp baby shampoo/wash (however, I found this to be a bit much and will use less next time)
1 Tbsp olive oil
A few drops essential oil (optional)

Mix together and put the wipes in to soak, that way they are wet when you pull them out.

Some wipe solutions are used to spray on the wipe before wiping but I have liked this because it is already done by the time I start using it. Happy wiping :)

1 comment:

Denise and Mike Meacham said...

Isn't the laundry ridiculous!!! I'd like to say it lessens, but it really doesn't. :)