Monday, July 9, 2012

Maternity Pics






It seems like forever ago since I was pregnant. Yesterday, Caiden turned 3 weeks old but the days seem to have stretched into much more time than that. The weekend before Caiden was born, we had these pictures taken. Thank goodness we didn't wait any longer or we would've missed it. A friend from Bob's school who does photography as a hobby took them for us and we are so grateful! For the most part, I loved being pregnant and thought that I would miss it, but I really haven't. I think it is a grace that at the end of pregnancy it is so uncomfortable that you no longer desire it. I thought I would miss feeling the baby kick inside of me but there are so many more rewarding things having him on the outside. There is a specialness though to pregnancy mostly in how everyone treats you. I mean, when else will you have strangers come up to you and tell you how good you look? And if you weren't pregnant and they did, that would be weird.

My mom and I were in Costco the other day and I had left baby Caiden at home and there was a sadness for me because no one knew my situation. No one talked to me about the baby because they didn't know I had one. I was just normal again and it was strange. I realized there was a goodness to this--you can't be special all the time or it wouldn't be special. Also, going from pregnancy to having a babe means a shift in the specialness. No longer am I noticed, but the little one. And that is okay, lest I may have become prideful. My thoughts and prayers go out for those who long for pregnancy and it is not happening for them in the timing that they planned. That is an awful feeling, and I only know a small taste. May the Lord show you your specialness in other ways.

1 comment:

Denise and Mike Meacham said...

Great insight Jamie! There wasn't anything I missed about being pregnant other than the sweet knowing smiles from other women and the helpfulness from other men. Love these pictures, they are beautiful!