Friday, July 18, 2008

being followed

I hate being at the mall on a busy day when all the parking is full and when you are leaving, someone decides to slowly follow you in their car to wait until you pull out. This is violating on so many levels. I always wonder whether I should just have them roll down their window and tell them exactly where I am located so that they can meet me at the spot rather than follow me there. That sure would surprise others waiting... someone having their turn signal on for a spot that is not even open yet and then seeing the driver walk up and get in the car.

And while I try not to be the driver that slowly follows a pedestrian to their spot, I absolutely hate to see someone get in thier car and while I am patiently waiting for their spot, they decide to do their makeup, feed their children, order a pizza, etc. Are people really that oblivious or do they not care about the parking of others? Maybe both.

Anyway, all this to say that my mom and I may have encountered one of the worst instances we have ever seen with this. We were in a Costco parking lot during the middle of a Wednesday, so really there were a lot of open spots. We were in one of the closer ones, and the next nearest spot to us was MAYBE four parking spots down. Regardless, someone decided to slowly follow us and wait for our spot while we put our bags in the car.

This is one difference between Bob and I that we always laugh about. He will drive around for 5 minutes until he finds the closest possible parking spot, where I will park all the way in the back and walk in. I figure it takes the same amount of time and then I don't have to deal with the frustration of looking for a spot.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

So not the way I think....I try to find the spot farthest away so i can get more walking in.....

Chris said...

I always park way in the back where other cars won't scratch mine up! I have read that the average time it takes a person to leave a parking spot increases greatly if there is someone waiting for the spot! I think it is a control issue!