Tuesday, July 22, 2008

6 quirky things

A couple of my friends blogged about some quirks that they had, so I thought I would follow suit. It was really fun to think about and I encourage you to do it too.

So here goes...

1. I am a water snob. I don't drink tap water and I can tell when restaurants serve it.

2. I hate food or drinks to go to waste. I am not of the type, however, that believes you have to clean your plate. I just save everything. I have been known to nurse a Starbucks' drink for 3 days.

3. It bothers me when people use certain grammatical statements incorrectly. The two main ones for me are when people say they need to "itch" themselves (instead of scratch) and when people refer to geographical locations as "up" or "down" incorrectly. For example, if someone said they were going "up" to San Diego from Orange County instead of "down". This quirk is so bad that I have been known to correct people I hardly know.

4. I hate the aftermath of showering. While I enjoy the shower itself, I hate having to get ready. It just takes too much time to do hair and makeup. And I refuse to put on my clothes for the day right after I get out of the shower. I usually put my pajamas on again while I get ready.

5. Going to bed after 10 makes me cranky. To me, 9 or 9:30 is the perfect bedtime. I start feeling angry and nauseous after 10 and I cannot focus.

6. I have a passion for peanut butter. In high school, I went for a month eating peanut butter and jelly for breakfast and lunch. My passion has translated to my husband and now he eats it more than me. It has to be natural peanut butter and my favorite is Trader Joe's crunchy. However, I do not like peanut butter in cookies or shakes, etc.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I knew we were alike, I just didn't know how much!
I too turn into a pumpkin after 9:30pm....
I am a peanut butter & water snob
and most of all I too HATE getting ready. I have even asked Devin, which would you rather have me do: my hair or makeup. That way I only have to do one.....
thanks for sharing friend!

Tracy said...

I agree 100% except for the peanut butter in a cookie thing. So are we really that quirky or maybe almost normal?