Thursday, July 3, 2008

secret of life

When I was a kid, my biggest argument for not making my bed in the morning was that I was just going to unmake it again that night to sleep in it. I always wondered what the point was. My dad would cleverly argue back, questioning me then what was the point in taking a shower because you would just need to take one again. I was left with nothing to comment back except for, "It's not the same."

As I have gotten older, I realize that in almost every piece of life you could argue, "What's the point, I just have to do it again." Why wash the dishes if they are going to get dirty again, why clean the house, or tell a child something? I guess that is just life and the process of learning. So unless I figure out a clever way to never have to clean dishes again, I am going to have to find the joy in each of these little things, which might be the secret of life. So for now, I sing and dance next to my husband as we are washing and drying dishes, I feel peaceful when I walk into a clean house, I nap on top of the covers, and I use fun shower gel scents (strawberry at present) when sudsing.

No comments: