Saturday, June 28, 2008

as if it weren't embarassing enough already


I was grocery shopping with my sister yesterday when I walked by an aisle with a very disturbing sign. I had already walked past the sign by two aisles when the words were burned into my brain and my mind registered the meaning. I backtracked my steps, disbelieving what I thought I saw and going back to check. Sure enough, there was a section so raw and vulnerable that I had to take a picture. Incontinence. As if it weren't embarassing enough already to have to go to that section of the market, but to have that sign hovering above you as you are picking the right protectant, so to speak. It's not like you can do it on the sly when there is a floating label above you. And how cruel is it that this market placed it right next to the unassuming facial tissue. So a person who is out buying what they need for this personal problem will find themselves shopping next to someone who is getting something so common as Kleenex. It is as if the market is secretly laughing at them for their problem that is already embarassing to start with. People these days.

3 comments:

alison said...

Where was this aisle? and did they have a memory aide aisle too?

Chris said...

I want to know what the people who saw you taking the picture are blogging about....

bookcrazy-lhj said...

What sister? You don't have a sister.