Wednesday, June 11, 2008

they grow up so fast

Teaching might be the best job possible. I know it is fitting that I say this on the last day of school when I now get three months off, but really, beyond that there are so many great joys. I just attended the 8th grade graduation of the first class I ever had. It was so wonderful to see the ways that they have grown as people and it just made me feel good to know that I am still close with a few. I am starting to realize that it is really not the majority that you really make an impact on. Rather, it is those very small few who you remain in contact with along the way. I am starting to become okay with that; in fact, just knowing that I have even touched one life in my whole career is becoming enough for me, although I do pray that it is at least one a year, that one that will keep me going from day to day in the classroom.

No comments: