Saturday, June 7, 2008

Buying stamps is making me go bankrupt

Okay, so we all know that the price of gas is ridiculous. I mean, when you drive by a station in the morning and then later in the evening and it has gone up 10 cents, there is something really wrong there. Really, I think it is a mortal sin. Anyway, has anyone bothered to look at stamp prices lately? I was at the market today and when I asked the cashier to add stamps to my purchases, the price went up by nearly $10. I thought about saying no to stamps in order to show the system, but then I realized that it was only myself I was punishing. And those friends that I like to write letters to. Is there some kind of petition we could start?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say that when I heard that USPS had raised the price of stamps, I too was a little disgruntled. Then, as I started to grumble, it occured to me that it was still pretty remarkable that I could send something from one side of our nation to the other and it only cost 42 cents. I can't even drive to the grocery store for 42 cents!

I'm no longer irritated with the postage rates.