Sunday, September 13, 2009

Getting our game on

When we first moved out here, it became clear really quickly how big tennis is. They have a competitive league called ALTA-- Atlanta Lawn Tennis Association. Our complex has a few teams, so Bob and I joined one. It's a doubles league and each season switches off from same gender to co-ed. This season is same gender. I played my first match today and it is totally a scene here! I was the only girl wearing shorts and sans jewelry. There are many women who have the whole attire, but can't hit the ball over the net. I guess that's the south-- pearl earrings, matching tennis outfit. But it is totally fun! The home team brings a bunch of food and we just play and hang out and enjoy our Sunday. And hope to beat each other out on the court. It feels like real play again since it is competitive, which also brings out the nerves. I will probably always lose the first game out of sheer nervousness. Anyway, we are finding it a great past time and a fun way to meet new people.

No comments: