Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The best of NC

While I can't touch on everything we did, here are the highlights: White water rafting-- I rented this super awesome shoes so as not to get my good ones dirty and wet. We rafted with Dan and Eva who were so gracious to take us. It was a lot of fun even though Dan kept yelling, "Paddle girls", when I was paddling my hardest.


Bob fell in love with the rivers there. There are so many outdoor things to do-- fishing, kayaking,etc.


This is the wonderful Dan & Eva Steward who were so hospitable and such a blessing to us personally. We hardly knew them going in and got to know them so quickly. They were an amazing encouragement to us.


This is Asheville's Farmer's Market which operates 7 days a week and is indoors. They have the most amazing looking fruits and vegetables. I loved this place. I particularly love the one I took a picture of because it says, "Come on in y'all".


Even the squirrels have a slower lifestyle in NC. This squirrel just happened to be chilling under the umbrella as we walked by. This is in Charlotte where my cousin lives. It was so wonderful seeing her again and she was so gracious to allow us to stay with her.

So overall we had an awesome time of exploring, laughter, fun, and renewal.

No comments: