Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Hike

Bob and I were driving along Blue Ridge Parkway (which is kind of the equivalent of taking the 1 up CA except with no ocean) and we stopped for a spontaneous hike. It said it was about 2 miles. I didn't let the fact that I was in a dress stop me, but I did feel quite ridiculous wearing a dress and tennis shoes. (Gives a whole new meaning to walking skirt, huh walking friends-- maybe we should come up with a walking dress-- it worked!)


We stumbled across a lonely red mushroom...


And after we had walked through forest and rivers we came upon part of the trail that took us through a cow pasture. I know my husband looks superimposed here, but he is not, he was within touching distance of this cow and I took the picture right before the cow looked at him and attempted to follow us with me yelling that we were going to die. For some reason Bob also looks angelic, don't you think? Maybe the camera captured his true nature :)


Bridges have spoken to me a lot lately, I think because of the significance of spiritual growth. There are so many bridges in our life that we have to cross to become who we are, and I feel like I have crossed so many, particularly in this last year. I like to take pictures of beautiful bridges to remind me of these important times in my life and to symbolize what I have gone through. We crossed this one on our hike.

1 comment:

BLAZER PROPHET said...

I must admit, it's nice to see young ones like yourselves enjoying life.

Don't stop.