Tuesday, August 12, 2008

South Carolina-- a detour from North Carolina

Bob and I took a red eye flight to Charlotte, North Carolina. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep and the time change bumping us 3 hours ahead didn't help. This is a picture of our sleepy faces after we finally arrived.


We were given a "sports car"-- an eclipse for our rental car. While it is not truly amazing, it is the closest thing we will have to a sports car, so we thought it timely to take a picture of Bob and his hot rod.


We were really hungry by the time we arrived and after passing about 4 waffle houses we decided to stop at one. Well, you sure get quantity for your money. Now I am able to say I ate southern cooking including grits, which were very good. After we left, we passed other waffle houses about every exit. These things are placed here like Starbucks are where we live!

It started pouring on our drive to Charlston, South Carolina. It is a humid rain, but wet nonetheless. I was determined not to let it ruin our day.

Here is the church and here is the steeple...

Here is a picture of our room that we are staying at in Charlston. As I write this we are resting here in the air conditioning getting ready to walk the town in a while. What we have seen on our drive is absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to explore! I will post more pictures later.



2 comments:

Mindy Wohlford said...

I'm glad you blogged from North Carolina... keep 'em coming so we can enjoy the trip from home. Have a wonderful time, and I'm glad you aren't letting any rain or weather get in the way. Have fun!!! Love you guys Mom

Cheri said...

I just want to know if the waffle house has real maple syrup or if "they make it fresh each morning"?