Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Hello new car

 Dear Hyundai,
We are not made of money as you found out quickly when we pulled into our driveway. That's right, our house is not painted yet even though it is in desperate need of it because we needed you more. The sacrifices...we heard you are a good car and that you will be worth what we spent. Your sure have a lot to live up to. I had to take a picture of Bob because he said on the day we bought you that is the most money he has ever held in his hand.
 We were scared as we sealed the deal. I loved my old car and was sad to give it up. You represent a lot of change in our lives, both good and bad. We need you to welcome our child into the world. If we didn't get you in time, we would've had to borrow or rent a car to get the Mehaffey babe home from the hospital. You will serve us well I hope. I am sad that your gas mileage isn't as good as my other car and reality set in when I filled up your tank for the first time. Luckily I won't be driving you as much as before since we will be home most of the time or running nearby errands.
 You are nicer than I expected and I don't feel that I deserve you. I will do the best I can to take care of you, although I am not known for taking car of cars. I usually spill smoothies and drop food and then don't have any napkins to clean them up and then forget when I get home. I will try not to do that to you.
 Take care of our family and run a long time. You have a lot to live up to.

3 comments:

David said...

OOH, a brand new car, your first brand new car, a Hyundai Santa Fe SUV in black.
Yes, may it serve you well for many years to come, until it is as old as your old cars were. Davey.

Leisa said...

Of course! You deserve to have that kind of car, my friend. Although you’re still not that good in taking care of cars, there are materials that can provide you effective tips about cars, like books, magazines, and so on. You can even get information from the Internet as well. Just remember that you need to start with the basics when it comes to learning more about cars.

Leisa Dreps

Unknown said...

Letting go of your old pal is quite hard, but having a new one will give you an exciting feeling that can be hard to explain. I do hope that your new car can serve you for more years to come. Drive safely!
- LexusOfAnnarbor.com